Do you want to help the honey bee population? Want to have a beehive and learn about honey bees without all the work?
We have you covered with HOST-A-HIVE! You provide a space and we do the rest. Host-A-Hive allows you to have your very own beehive at your business, school, community garden, or home, without having to worry about any of the logistics. We take care of bringing the bees + equipment, managing the hive, and extracting honey, while you get to enjoy watching your bees hard at work. You can have monthly team building exercises by inspecting a hive with us! By hosting a hive, you will also help improve your local community with pollination which provides more flowers, fruits, and vegetables within a 3-5 mile radius.
Check out what’s included when you Host-A-Hive with Palm Pike below.
- Honey Bees
- Langstroth Hives
- Full Hive Maintenance Each Month
- Option to Participate With Us!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Honey bees are very docile insects when not bothered, therefore getting stung is rare.
- Honey bees need room to fly to their home, which requires at least a 10 foot radius of space.
- If your beehive needs to be within 15 feet of your property line, a 6 foot fence is required.
- The maximum amount of beehives per property is 3, unless your property is larger than a quarter acre.
- Honey production relies heavily on your local flowers, so we encourage you to plant native plants for optimal honey flow.
- You are more than welcome to assist in hive inspections and honey extraction to learn more about your new yard residents.